THE TOPIC IS: REWRITE YOUR FAVORITE FAIRY TALE!
Get to work!
9/12/99: Changed the date...
it's a week long now.
9/11/99: Got the rules
done, finished the page... etc. etc.
---------- Contest will run from Oct. 23th to
1: Anonomity(sp?) rule.
- All participants will be given a 4-digit number. In
the file that will be sent to me, it has to be somewhere in the filename.
- the participant(s) cannot hint to or say their name
IN the story in any way.
- The participants names WILL be released, but not their
- Not following these rules results in the participant
- Registration is going on until the end of the contest.
Any entries afer that will OBVIOUSLY not be accepted. (^_^)
- To register, send an E-Mail*
with your name.
- Maximum of 40 registrations(pray it doesn't get that
big...), based on order of registration- first come, first serve.
- The topic will be announced October 23rd at 8:00 PM
- If the story uses anything pre-made(I.E. a small section),
the writer will be disqualified.
- Any stories that stray too far off-topic will be disqualified.
- Any number of words from 100 to 900,000, although
if you're on the extreme ends, you'll probably lose points.
- No limits other than that.
Submitting your story
- Submit entries by E-Mail*,
or by IRC on Austnet, or RPGWorld(Czk22).
- All entries must be recieved, in .ZIP format with
the 4-digit ID number somewhere in the filename, by October 30th at 8:00
- You CAN submit your entry early.
- Excessively late submissions(about 20+ minutes) will
- Other items(I.E. pictures and sound bytes) can be
included, but will not effect the outcome of the score.
- Judging will begin October 31th, and will end between
the 2nd and 3rd(depending on amount of stories)
- Each judge will rate the games based on my scoring
system(see below for details)
- All of the judge's totals for a game will be added
together to form the final score.
- A comment about the game will also be included with
the score, but doesn't affect it in any way.
- Highest score wins.
Scoring will be split between categories, by numbers.
20 points - Word
Usage (Counts for number of words as well as how well the words are
20 points - Style
(How well-suited the style of writing is, compared to the topic and the
short amount of time participants have to write)
20 points - Organization
(How well thoughts and plot twists and the like are organized; how good
the flow of the story is)
10 points - Relation
to topic (The closer the story sticks to the topic, the higher the
10 points - Completion
(For if the story is finished. Points are lowered for missing plot points,
and any other part of a story that seems missing. 0 points if story is incomplete.)
C. A. Monteath
Jessica Michelle Jordan
Copyright Junk: Nearly everything here is (C) 1999 Me. Some
other stuff, such as the PE logo by DarkBorg, are obviously not mine. Failure
to understand this will result in a loss for the Bears... which'll most likely
happen anyways. If you take stuff, you suck muchly... but there's not much
I can do about it. Except sue your ass off. So I suggest you stay away.